Maximize the value of your solar or wind royalty or rental interest.
Treaty Oak buys renewable royalties and rental interests from landowners. Let us partner with you to monetize your renewable income today, freeing up cash to diversify your business interests while preserving ownership of your land.
We are here to help you turn small payments into a large, lump-sum payout.
Treaty Oak acquires royalty and rental interests underlying wind and solar facilities across the US, unlocking cash for landowners through a simple and quick transaction process. Our team has worked with hundreds of landowners, and we approach each relationship with full transparency and integrity.
1. Immediate Cash Payment
Receive lump-sum cash payout now instead of waiting for monthly or annual payments over the remaining term of your lease. Continued inflation reduces the value of future rental payments, so cash upfront is worth more.
2. Reinvestment Opportunity
Diversify your holdings by investing your cash payout in other opportunities providing higher or safer returns than the remaining rental payments on your renewable lease. In addition, when you partner with us, you keep ownership of your land!
3. Reduce Your Tax Burden
Rental or royalty income is taxed at rates as high as 37% for federal taxes alone. The cash payout can be treated as long-term capital gains, which are taxed at the current rate of 15 to 20%. Also, the proceeds can be eligible for a 1031 tax-free exchange. Please consult your own tax, legal, and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.
4. Risk Mitigation
After the sale, we’ll take on the long-term risk of the project, not you. Owners of wind and solar rental payments are exposed to many risks
including inflation, decommissioning, lease cancellation, operational, and political.
- 15+ years of capital markets and power project experience at GE Capital, Whitehall & Company, and AP Solar
- BA History with Honors from Yale
JR Imber, III
Head of Origination
- 10+ years of land acquisition experience, including 300 different lease, title, and mineral transactions
- BA Economics from the University of Texas at Austin
Head of Finance
- Managed financial models and evaluated transactional risk/return parameters for 3GW+ of utility-scale solar power projects
- BBA Accounting with Highest Honors and MPA from the University of Texas at Austin
- 11 years of experience in the oil and gas industry including project management, title research and lease negotiations.
- B.S Agriculture Economics focused on Finance and Real Estate from Texas A&M University
Why Choose Us?
Our team is comprised of industry veterans with over 100 years’ collective experience in renewables, oil and gas, real estate, and private equity. Each team member has worked closely with landowners in each of their endeavors.
Our top priority is our relationship with landowners. We attribute our success to putting ourselves in the landowners’ shoes, focusing on what’s important to them and their family.
We respect your time. From initial contact to cash in your pocket, we strive to have an efficient and transparent transaction process. We’re always just a phone call away and our team aims to answer your questions promptly.
Find Out More
Treaty Oak buys renewable royalties and rental interests from landowners in exchange for a large, upfront payment. Our solution allows landowners to maintain ownership of their land, preserving their family legacy for future generations. Let us partner with you to monetize your renewable income today.